Saturday, December 4, 2010

New Day

So during the presentation on Youtube fame, I started to think about different people that I know that have posted videos of themselves. I have a friend who actually gained some fame from his Youtube posts. He is a singer/songwriter/guitar player and started doing very simple recordings of himself playing and singing in front of his webcam. I still do not understand how it happened, but his work just took off. Soon he was being featured on the main page of Youtube and he was going on tour all over the country.

Don't get me wrong, I think his music is awesome, but it is just crazy to think that this was how his fame took off. Soon when I heard people explaining to others it was like this: "O, you know Chris, he's the really good guitar player who had his stuff featured on Youtube."

There's your 15 minutes of fame, but what is it like to be known as a Youtube sensation? Does it get old being described like that? Just something to ponder I guess...

And now for your listening pleasure....


No comments:

Post a Comment